GAPS Legal, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Paleo.
These are the easiest, healthiest, pancakes you’ll ever make! It can be quite challenging to get enough greens into our own diets, let alone trying to stuff them into our kids! This paleo, gluten free, dairy free, gaps friendly, green pancake recipe was created to help solve this problem! I actually started out using spelt flour and eggs, then adding berries and a ton of greens. My oldest son, who was probably 3 at the time, gobbled them right up! I would top them with yogurt or a little maple syrup. But things progressed to a much healthier version of this and I am so excited to share it with you! So lets get started 🙂
- 6 locally sourced eggs
- 1 ripe, organic banana
- 1 heaping handful of organic spinach (I keep mine in the freezer and grab it strait from there. I also stuff my blender full, but you can start with this amount and progress up. You want to enjoy them after all.)
- 1 tsp. organic cinnamon (I sometimes even add a tsp of turmeric for its anti-inflammatory properties.)
- Butter, coconut oil, or whatever you choose to grease your pan with.
* Pan ( I use cast iron)
* Flipper (I use a thin metal one)
- Combine ingredients in the blender and blend until the spinach is smooth
- Pour small, manageable disks into your warm, greased pan. (I use a lot of butter or coconut oil because it makes the outsides crunchy and yummy)
- Cook mostly on this side on low to medium heat, as there is no sticky gluten to hold things together, they are harder to flip. You want to carefully flip them and only cook for a few seconds on the other side.
That’s it!!! Sometimes I even add a little bit of hemp hearts or peanut butter to the equation. You could add chocolate chips or berries for a special occasion… Use your imagination!
These are naturally sweet, so eat them on there own or add some maple syrup if you want it super sweet. You can even make these more of a crepe style and stuff them with berries and whipped cream! Or berries and kefir! They are not traditional pancakes, so they do taste a bit different. But, these are a great alternative for people who can’t consume flour, gluten, dairy and for people with other dietary restrictions!