These DIY body scrub recipes (and facial scrub recipe) will be the one of the cheapest and best additions to your beauty regime. Commercially sold body scrubs can contain dangerous chemicals and cost a fortune, but you can make the same thing with nourishing SAFE INGREDIENTS for just pennies!
A body scrub is a lovely addition to your daily shower or bath. They make perfect homemade gifts. Putting them in mason jars with cute little homemade labels adds the perfect touch.
Each of these DIY body scrub recipes has its own benefits, but all will leave you with glowing, exfoliated skin. Choose a recipe and get started!
- Two parts white or brown sugar.
- One part olive, avocado, or coconut oil ( If using coconut oil, blend with another oil because it will solidify if it’s cold)
- Optional ingredients such as essential oils etc.
- Blend or mix everything well and store in any container you like! I like mason jars.
Peppermint Facial Scrub
This peppermint facial scrub is moisturising, exfoliating, refreshing and gently cleansing. All you need is:
- Two parts white sugar.
- One part olive, avocado, or coconut oil ( If using coconut oil, you may want to blend with another oil because it will be more solid if it’s cold)
- Real peppermint leaves from your garden and/or peppermint essential oil to desired strength.
- A splash of your regular face wash
- As you can see, this is very easy and doesn’t require precise measurments. Just mix it up and store in any container you like! I love this one for those mornings when you need a little wake-me-up!
Creamy Pina Colada Vitamin C Body Scrub
This scrub is oh so wonderful. Perfect for those winter days when you wish you were at the beach instead of in a winter wonderland. Vitamin C is fantastic for your run down winter skin. So let’s see how to make this body scrub recipe:
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh pineapple juice
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoon avocado oil
Melt the coconut oil and mix all ingredients together. Easy peasy! Stick it in you favorite jar and enjoy while the scrub goes to work fighting aging and relieving dry skin.
Cellulite Busting Vanilla Latte Body Scrub
Want to get rid of cellulite? This is the scrub for you! This vanilla latte scrub is highly exfoliating and stimulates blood and lymph flow. The caffeine in the coffee helps with cellulite and helps tighten skin. So what you will need for this recipe is:
- Half a cup brown sugar
- Half a cup of fine coffee grounds
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil
- Half a teaspoon vanilla extract or a few drops of vanilla essential oil
If your coconut oil is hard, you may want to warm it so you can mix it easier. All you do is mix everything up and store it in a cute little mason jar or in a Tupperware container. This Vanilla latte coffee scrub recipe is so luxurious, you will be surprised you made it yourself for pennies!!!
If you read this entire page, you can see it’s very easy to make variations to your own taste! Try adding thieves oil to ward off winter flu bugs, or lemon zest to brighten your skin! The options are endless.
And while you are on the chemical free solutions wagon, check out these 15 great uses for apple cider vinegar!!
Do you make your own body or facial scrubs? What is YOUR favorite recipe?